- Huge warm geothermal oceanside pool 15-20 minutes away
- Clothing-optional black sand beach 15 minutes away
- Up-close lava viewing adventures can be arranged when possible.
- The small, picturesque town of Pahoa is 10 minutes by car and offers good restaurants, food stores, and an expansive farmers market on Sundays
- Nearby oceanside retreat, Kalani Honua, offers delicious meals, daily yoga and day use opportunities with large pool, gym, sauna and hot tub
- Close proximity to Volcanoes National Park and beautiful Old Town Hilo
- Two-three hours to Kona side of island depending on the scenic route you travel
- Feel the spirit of Aloha at Uncle Robert's Awa Bar and Farmers Market at the end of Hwy 137 every Wednesday and Friday evenings. Read this Blog from hubpages.com
Hawaii The Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook by Andrew Doughty and Leona Boyd. This great guide is available as paperback, Kindle, iBook and iPhone app. A community copy of this book is available for you to borrow during your stay.